Saturday, February 22, 2014

Another week goes by...

Our power went out after a big wind storm. A branch must have fallen on the power lines. We waited  a long 28 hours for it to come back. Man, that seemed like forever! The kids went to bed at 7:30. It seemed much later on our dark street. Because of that early bedtime, they all popped out of bed nice and early. They spent about an hour and a half in my room, shining their flashlights and waiting for me to get up and get them some food. It was too cold to get out of bed! So they piled more blankets on top of me and got themselves cold cereal. They were hoping that school was cancelled for lack of power, but the buses came right on schedule. It turns out that the power outage only affected a lucky 136 homes in Ballwin. Trevor is still obsessed with school cancellations. 
I spent the next day at Tawny's, watching the Olympics I missed the night before (figure skating, my favorite) and holding little Max so Tawny could do a little shopping. It was very nice.

 The girls ate a big salad by candlelight.


The boys played video games by...  screen light.

Cute little Landon

I went to Alec's class for their Valentine's party. I used to volunteer in classroom all the time, but this was the first time this school year. I feel pretty lame about that. 

See Alec ducking down in the back? Little stinker.


Adam helped me get ready for preschool- Train Day.



                           We finally got some nice weather and took a little preschool walk.
Have I already mentioned that I am ready for spring? Unfortunately, cold weather is on the forecast...






No comments:

Post a Comment