Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Snow Day- finally!

No school!! This is the day my kids have been waiting for since we moved here. In fact, the city is pretty impassable to try to get anywhere. I keep getting cancellation emails. No camping for Adam, no Zumba for me, no preschool for Annalisa, no Kickstart for Trevor and Alec, no cinnamon roll class for Relief Society (which I was supposed to teach!), no Magic House- it's all shut down. And the snow is really piling up. It is very beautiful, but the roads are giving Geoff some trouble as he is trying to get home right now. He may have to pull over somewhere and wait for the plows. At home, we are busy cleaning (not too popular with the kiddos) and playing. It is relaxing and very nice to have no commitments.  I wonder what will happening tomorrow. I think we could all handle another snow day!

YES!!
Trevor stuck on the hill
The snow is not perfect for sledding. It's too deep and doesn't pack well. Maybe by tomorrow?

Cutie Patootie
What?! A normal smile? Check out those big new teeth he's getting.



He said it tasted "really good."

 Alec is offering me some snow. It did taste good!                         Hiking back up the hill

Maren in Winter
I've always wanted a picture of her like this.

Her first snow angel I believe

She's so crazy.



It wasn't much fun to stand in the snowfall after a while. She's still trying to smile.



Adam had some better luck on the sled.

Love that dimple.

Annalisa thought it was a bit much and went in the house after 5 minutes.

Adam went too far, too fast and ended up sliding down all the steps to the pool. He's fine.






No comments:

Post a Comment