Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Birthday Boy Alec

We had early morning present opening and celebrating as usual for Alec's 8th birthday. 

Gifts of rubber band bracelets from Trevor



   Pokemon is what Alec loves these days. I'm in the middle of planning a Pokemon party. We invited all the boys in his class. I know next to nothing about Pokemon, so this is a crash course for me. The Internet will save me. Thank you, Pinterest. Alec has never had a big party with friends, (in 8 years! I'm a little embarrassed about admitting this) so I am trying to make it up to him for his special eighth birthday. The next few days will be busy.

Traditional breakfast in bed
Alec requested bacon and cheese omelets, bagels, and grapefruit with an Orange/Strawberry Julius. 
Nice choice!

If he could only put Pokemon down and eat it...

  Before we went to church I asked him to smile for a few pictures so I could put one on his baptism invitation. He really struggles with giving nice smiles to the camera as you know. It wasn't that easy or fun- poor kid- I was torturing him with pictures on his birthday. Amazingly, a few treats from the treasure box made it all better, even with all the parade loot he still has in his own box in his room. I guess you can't have too much candy...


 This one is okay!
Oh, how Alec loves to wear a tie. 


Landon, showing Alec how it's done
I took one picture of Landon and it turned out nearly perfect- that easy.
I don't understand. 

This is what Alec did. 

He acts like that tie is strangling him. It's a clip-on!


Showing those nice new front teeth

  

 
I went to Geoff for help. 
He balanced Alec on the railing of the deck and held him there until he smiled. 
"Stop freaking out, Alec. I wouldn't let you fall on your birthday," I heard Geoff say.
(sounds kind of mean, huh? )
What do you know? It worked. Alec is adorable.



Love this one! The boy can take a normal picture after all! And such a good-looking kid!
I love Alec. He's such a good boy. We are excited for his baptism and that our family is coming from California to celebrate with us! 



No comments:

Post a Comment