Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Conference time at the Barney's

I love General Conference weekend. It's so nice to have the family gathered around listening to the inspiring messages from the prophet and apostles. It feels so relaxing and there are generally good feelings among the children. I make cinnamon rolls as one of our newer conference traditions. I try to have things to keep their hands busy so they don't mind as much listening to the hours of conference. Hopefully someday they will grow up to love it as much as Geoff and I do. 

We pulled out a new puzzle as soon as the first one was finished.
Lately there is always a puzzle in the formal dining room. We don't do much formal dining.


Popcorn munching Annalisa
Like how she uses Maren as her comfy spot?





Calli did what she usually does- sleep on her couch perch.

Landon joined us for conference time.

My famous cinnamon rolls



Sister picture





Maren was invited to prom last weekend. Her date set up these candles while I distracted Maren in the basement. (braiding the sisters' hair and taking those pictures above) Then he texted me when he was ready. I told Maren to come up to my room and see the storm damage on the balcony. She was easy to trick. She had been the one who showed me the storm damage (broken gutters) on the back of the house. Then she saw her friend Yi standing there among the candles holding a bouquet of tulips. 
Good one, Yi! It was pretty awesome.



Yi's friend awkwardly standing in all of the pictures...


1 comment:

  1. Love the candles! Yi did a great job. Very memorable! Good planning for conference. I'll have to pull a puzzle out next time and see if that helps things for our family. Thanks for having us over for the cinnamon rolls. As always, they were delish!

    ReplyDelete