Sunday, April 13, 2014

The "Mormon Prom"

 I love that the church has a more modest and appropriate version of Prom. They go all out- lots of decorations, (007 theme this year) a dinner, (spaghetti may not have been the best choice for a formal dance :) ) and professional pictures. All for free. (Maren's school prom is $130 per couple)  And you don't even have to have a date to attend. The dresses are modest and so is the dancing. Maren and some of her friends from church went together in a group, and although she complained that there wasn't enough dancing, I think they had a great time. She especially enjoyed primping and getting ready for the dance with her buddies. I'm so glad she has such nice friends. And I'm grateful for all the adults that work so hard to give our kids these special experiences.


Her dress wasn't fancy, but she looked very pretty.
She ordered a dress for the school prom, but it still hasn't come.


   

 

 


   

 


I love this! She's looking like Aunt Jenn.




1 comment:

  1. Maren is gorgeous! I love that one of her looking over her shoulder.

    ReplyDelete