Monday, September 3, 2012

End of Summer Swim




Well, that's it for the pool for 2012! We sure did love it though. With the scorching summer we had, this pool offered the perfect escape from the heat. This was fun to have one last summer swim on Labor Day with all the cousins. They had so much fun. I enjoyed taking some pictures of the cuties, especially Mitchell. He was looking so adorable every time I looked at him. I love his curly hair and bright blue eyes. I think he likes to be photographed! 

This week was pretty busy. We took little ones to the Magic House. Now Tawny has a membership! Yay! On the days that Annalisa doesn't have preschool I have to find something interesting to distract her from her disappointment. She loves preschool at Aunt April's house. April is doing a terrific job with crafts, music, colors, food, and now ABC's. I'm so grateful for April! 

I taught my Mexican friend Olivia how to make cinnamon rolls. She had never made bread of any kind, and it was neat to be a part of that experience for her. She found that it really isn't that hard. Then the next morning I took the rolls and some grapes to seminary for their Friday breakfast. I was surprised and pleased to see the kids (it seemed like all 33 of them) crammed into that little kitchen eating their breakfast together. I thought they would grab their food on their way out the door, but they like being together and stay as as long as they can. It's wonderful to see that kind of friendship among the LDS youth. I had curriculum night night for the kids Thursday, family dinner at the Kesners on Saturday, and fed the missionaries on Sunday. Homework starts tomorrow for Alec and Trevor, so life will get a little more complicated. Geoff is working all the time, but at least the kids he helps are not quite so far away. His latest class is going to be more challenging than the others with projects and papers. Poor guy. Still looking and praying for another job...
We are getting excited about our upcoming trip to California for Dave and Rebecca's wedding. It's coming soon!!


















1 comment:

  1. Thanks for having us over many times this summer to play in the pool. We loved it too! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete