Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Christmas and pneumonia

This Christmas was not my favorite. The flu that I had during Thanksgiving turned into pneumonia in December. In some ways it was nice. My mom came over and made a bunch of tasty meals. I was ordered to stay in bed and take it easy, something that I rarely do, but always wish I could do. So I did. I read a huge very enjoyable book. I watched a T.V. series from beginning to end on Netflix. I shopped for Christmas presents on Amazon. I ate all kinds of Christmas goodies without much thought. These were the nice parts. There were many not-as-nice things. I missed about a month of church, and I had been looking forward to singing Christmas songs with the Primary children. I pretty much ignored my children. They stopped by my room now and then, but I was basically useless for them. Geoff had to work extra hard to pick up the slack. Practicing, reading Christmas books, and some of my fun holiday traditions went by the wayside. I dragged myself through concerts and preschool activities. I forced myself to put up decorations and lights, but didn't feel the usual Christmas spirit. I coughed through the night, keeping Geoff awake. I went from being in being in great shape (lots of neighborhood jogging) to huffing and puffing up the stairs. I gained 6 pounds. Then Christmas was over, and all I could feel was relief. Enough complaining though. We all survived and next year will be better! :) Anyway, I did take some pictures throughout the long month, and here they are!
 


Annalisa ambush at the bus stop


Poor baby did not appreciate it.



We did keep the tradition of the gingerbread house alive.


 







 
 

The Family Service Project

Kiddos love the iPad.



 
Special Delivery

The Doorbell Ditch

One December highlight was seeing my high school friend Melendra and her children. They were on their way to North Carolina and stopped by St. Louis to share a lunch with us. It is always so enjoyable to spend time with my old friend. I wish it weren't such a rare occurrence. We will always be friends though, no matter how long we don't see each other.

 
We both have purple-loving 6-year-olds. (born a day apart)


The whole group


More Maren pictures


 

A great thing about these sister sharing a room-
Maren takes care of Annalisa's hair, teeth, and eczema.



Sometimes Maren and Mariah do lots of curls.
 



We were dog-sitting this old guy, Elvis.













 


 





We did a little baking.






 

 
 




 









 

 





 




 


 


 


 



 





 



No comments:

Post a Comment