Wednesday, January 8, 2014

5 Snow Days!

 Each day around 5:00 I've had a moment of disbelief when the Rockwood Superintendent calls and tells us that once again school is cancelled. Something to do with inclement weather...
Five straight days! This vacation never ends! As much fun as this has been, I think I want it to end.


The youth had a sledding activity this morning at Parkway West High School. 
Kristen and Maren had a good time.
 
The family joined them for sledding, but by then the teenagers were cold and ready to go home. 
 
This is the first time we've played in the snow since this "inclement weather" started. 
It was just too cold! We had a day that was colder than the same day in Mongolia according to Mom. We have been snug and warm in the house though, and I've let the kids have their massive amounts of screen time. Needless to say, they have been absolutely thrilled with the extended vacation. 
I've been able to take down Christmas decorations and sort through some of my piles. Preschool has gone on as best as I can with all the extras. It's been pretty nice actually.

Chase came along for some sledding.  

Eating snow while flying down the hill







My Anna had the most fun in the snow. She was completely adorable.


She didn't want to sled, but she made snow angels, ate snow, threw snow, made letters and pictures in the snow, stomped through the snow all over the field etc. 

 





 


 

Anna's smiley face



The hill was pretty fast!

 Alec just kept on eating snow. Silly boy.



Like I said, adorable.














 



 





2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! Thank you for taking Chase. He looks like he enjoyed it from the smiles you captured. I'm glad that Anna wanted to go instead of staying home with us. It looks like she had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you found a good hill that had plenty of snow and provided lots of fun for everyone.

    ReplyDelete