Friday, April 26, 2013

Stepping back into the 13th Century

The Thirteen Century
We went to the countryside to see a place where tourists experience how the Mongolian tribe people lived at the the time of Genghis Khan. (Chinggis) We were probably the first tourists of the season. It was still so cold! These people still live in the old way with a few little 21st century additions, like cell phones and motorcycles.  We brought Janger along and he taught us about how the Mongolianslived. We visited a guards' camp, education camp, craftsman camp, and the King's ger. (I think I'm missing one) It was amazing!

 What a view!



Mom and Dad holding a Mongolian child 

My sisters are tough!

I make an acceptable Chinggis, don't you think?
I haven't played dress-up for years.

Playing with Jangar's phone

Dad 

A Mongol dog joined our picture. Perfect.




This Mongol dog is responsible for protecting the flock against wolves while the shepherd is away. I heard they are pretty tough, but this one also had a gentle side and insisted on getting petted. He leaned into us, practically knocking us over- just a little hint. I love how furry he is! For surviving Mongolian winters. :)

They served us an authentic meal


The Queen and King's robes



A nice big ger for Chinggis


More dress-up

No comments:

Post a Comment